If you requested an events calendar for your new website and it was designed by Raven Media, chances are good I used the Events Calendar by Modern Tribe. If you don’t recall how to add an Event to your calendar, here is a quick step by step refresher on how to add an event. If after going through the list you are still unsure, you can always call, and I will walk you through adding an event or add it for you.
Following is a condensed step by step for adding calendar entries.
- Once logged in and viewing the Dashboard…
- Choose events from the black sidebar on the left of the screen.
- Below Events, in the sidebar, click the Add New link. You can also click Add New located next to Events at the top of the page.
- Name the Event
- Choose a date. Clicking on the time and date will open a calendar.
- Choose the day for your event.
- Choose a time or all day from the drop-down box located at the bottom left of the calendar.
- Add a description for your event or populate any of the other options available, such as organizer, venue, etc.
- Choose or add an Event Category from the right side of the screen from the Event Categories. You will need to create categories if you would like to use this option. Maybe holidays, special events, meetings, etc.
- Categories can be created on the fly by entering the name of the category in the Add Event Category link shown on the right sidebar. Categories can also be created by visiting the Event Categories link found in the left sidebar below Events.
- Click preview if you want to see the event on the website prior to publishing. You will still need to return to the editing tab to publish the event.
- When finished previewing, click on the blue Publish box in the upper right corner.
- Check your information and click Publish again.
- Your event should now be live and displaying on the calendar.
Need More Features?
While this was simply an explanation about adding an event, there are plenty of other options available to you when using Events Calendar. If there are any other options you would like to add, or options you need, just email or call Raven Media.