Corporate Head Shot Tips
- If you’re wearing a suit for your headshot, choosing a darker color is usually best. Dark gray or navy blue with a light shirt and a medium tone tie is usually a good combination.
- Avoid wearing anything with busy patterns, or shiny fabric. Refraining from busy patterns with lines, stripes, or large shapes is especially important if you are going to be a part of a group shot with your colleagues.
- It’s best to avoid an all white shirt unless it is under a jacket or sweater. Wearing all black is not a good idea either as sometimes you will lose texture in the shadows. Medium or dark gray is a preferable alternative.
- If you’re dressing casual, remove the tie and open the top buttons on your shirt. If you are skipping the suit, a collared shirt or sweater is also appropriate. Once again, take care with busy patterns. We want to highlight you, not you clothes.
- Drink plenty of water the morning of you portrait. It really does make a difference in your complexion.
- Basic retouching is included in your head shot portrait package; so don’t worry about small blemishes or spots. If you would like extensive retouching, please let me know as I do offer the option.
The most important tip is to relax and enjoy the session!